In a resounding declaration of its commitment to fostering growth and innovation across Europe, Private Equity powerhouse Keensight Capital has made headlines with the successful conclusion of an oversubscribed funding round, amassing a staggering €2.8 billion. With a strategic focus on the dynamic technology and healthcare sectors, this Paris and London-based firm is poised to reinforce its position as a prominent player in European growth buyouts.
Keensight Capital has set its sights on companies within a particular revenue bracket, seeking opportunities among those generating revenues ranging from €10 million to €400 million. This strategic approach positions the firm as a versatile investor capable of nurturing a wide spectrum of businesses.
In a testament to its unwavering appeal and credibility, Keensight Capital garnered unwavering support from a mix of loyal existing Limited Partners (LPs) and an influx of new investors hailing from Europe, North America, the Middle East, and Asia. Impressively, a substantial 90 percent of Keensight's LPs come from traditional sources, including asset managers, pension funds, insurance companies, banks, and sovereign wealth funds. The remaining 10 percent comprises former portfolio company CEOs and discreet family offices.
With a legacy spanning 23 years, Keensight Capital, previously known as R Capital Management until 2013, boasts a track record that speaks volumes. The firm has orchestrated an impressive 48 exits, encompassing notable names such as LDR Holding, Linkbynet, and Labelium. This track record reflects an exceptional gross internal rate of return (IRR) of 39 percent and an average gross multiple of 3.4x, solidifying Keensight's reputation as a formidable force in the world of private equity.
Jean-Michel Beghin, Managing Partner at Keensight Capital, expressed his enthusiasm about the successful fundraise, noting, "This successful fundraise makes Keensight Capital one of the undisputed leaders in European Growth Buyouts. The size demonstrates the value our investors see in our differentiated positioning and the discipline of our team."